Friday, October 21, 2011

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE SKIN CLEARING MINI SET


Hi lovelies! I did not blog for 2 days! LOL! I just wasted 2 days of my sembreak for nothing... LOL! No.. not really nothing. On my bday, I went to Makati Med for Laser Hair removal. Then yesterday, I went to National Library to do some research on my thesis, then me and my boyfriend went to SM Manila to get my bday package from Elicina Philippines (will do a separate post). And since we are already at SM Manila, we decided to just watch a movie. We choose to watch Real Steel. I’ve always wanted to watch this ever since I saw the trailer. It was a good movie! I swear. The story is good! It is a good movie for your little sister or brother or your children, they can learn alot from it.

Anyways, that’s just an update on what i did for the past two days. Now, let’s get back to business.

This is a mini set/ trial set of The Body Shop Tea Tree. If you haven’t tried the Tea Tree line from The Body Shop, I highly recommend you to get this mini set first. Honestly, products from Tea Tree line are expensive for my taste. Good thing The Body Shop had this mini set so I could try them out first before buying the full size. Plus, I think it is already a good deal. Imagine, for Php 900+ (on sale) you could get to try 4 products from the line. It was an amazing  deal...really!
Let me start from my most favorite to my least favorite products in this line.

Among the four, it is no surprise that my favorite is THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE OIL.

The Body Shop says,

“A medicine cabinet must. A pre-blended oil which can be used in many different ways to help soothe blemished skin. Dab directly onto skin at first sign of a blemish.”

My skin was in really bad condition. Well, I blame my school works for this! It was my last year in college and you know what it means. I was up all night doing my homework, plates and studying for exams . I was so stressed! Day after day, my face were then filled up with ugly zits on the lower part of my cheeks. It was itchy even at school. My boyfriend would sometimes scold me because i keep touching it. I was like “Ang kati kayaaaa!

Fortunately, Korea Cosmetics introduced me to Tea Tree Oil. When my acne gets itchy, what I often do is, I get myself a cotton pad, divided it into tiny pieces then pour generous amount of tea tree oil until the cotton pad is totally wet. Then I leave it on the certain parts of my face where it is itchy for few minutes. It soothes the itchiness since it has this methol-like feeling on my skin. However, if you think you’ll waste alot of products with this procedure, you can definitely apply this oil directly on your skin. It is just pouring it on a cotton pad works better for me.

PROS
-A little goes a long waaay. It’s just a 10ml bottle but lasted me a long time
-soothes itchiness
-dries out pimples
- the packaging was great. I would just throw it in my purse without worrying about spilling. There is no way that the cap will open by itself

CONS
-expensive. The non-promo price for this tiny bottle (10ml) is Php 499 (correct me if i’m not mistaken)

Would I recommend this? DEFINITELY! Get 2 or more when it’s on sale!

TEA TREE SKIN CLEARING TONER... my second favorite. Can you tell? I already used 75% of the product. I’m a firm believer of a TONER and I’m honestly is addicted to it. Remember my TBS Natrulift review on their toner? Oh gosh, I love this toner as much as I love that.

TBS says,
“Best if you want to: Tone your skin with a new "shake to activate" refreshing toner that removes traces of cleanser, make-up and impurities while leaving skin looking matte."
How it works:
"Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
Corn starch powder mattifies the skin.”

When I first tried this, it gave my skin a burning sensation . I was like What the Heck! Then later on, I get used to it.

This is funny but I don’t really used it as toner. I used this like an overnight face mask. I know tea tree line has face masks  but it’s pricey! (okay, i’m cheap!) So this is what I do. Pour a generous amount of this toner on a cotton pad then just leave it on your face overnight! I noticed that when I woke up the next day, some of my pimples were dried out. However, I don’t use it as an all-over-face mask. Just like in tea tree oil, I put it only in my chin area. 2 cotton pads in just enough for this step. 

So how is it different to Tea Tree Oil in my usage? I mainly use the tea tree oil when my pimples get itchy while I use this toner during the nights when my skin is not itchy.

PROS:
-WORKS well on pimples!
-Feels refreshing on face

CONS
-Expensive again
-burning sensation

Another good product from this line is the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion.

TBS says,
“Best if you want to: Moisturize with a light, mattifying lotion that hydrates skin and controls oil while helping to clear and prevent blemishes.
How it works:
Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
Contains powders help mattify the skin and control shine.”

I use as a moisturizer before applying makeup.  I really like the effect of makeup once I put this underneath. The makeup,especially the foundation, appears smoother on my face. During the healing process, since I put too many things to make my pimples dry, my skin turns flaky making it hard to apply foundation evenly. Plus, you’ll see some peeling on some parts on my face and this product helps me alot in applying makeup. I don’t know if it should work like that but it works for me like that.

PROS
-good moisturizer especially if your skin is in really bad break out (because you need a special moisturizer like this that will help in moisturizing your skin while preventing pimples)
- good makeup base (for me!)

CONS
-pricey

My least favorite is the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial wash which I still think is a good product! It’s just that it works as well as my other acne control facial washes.

TBS says,
“Best if you want to: Prevent blemishes and remove excess oil with a refreshing gel-bashed facial wash that won’t over-dry your skin and is gentle enough for daily use.”

The description is very true. When my skin feels tired and stressed, I usually reached for this product because it is refreshing on skin. I was surprised too that inspite of being a product for Blemished skin (which usually makes skin flaky and dry), I never felt any tightness. Indeed, this product is a great buy if you don't want to make your skin dry.

PROS
-Doesn’t dry skin
-removes oils, dirt and makeup.
-lathers very well

Cons
Should i write it again? Pricey for my taste

Overall, I was happy with all the products in this line. If only these were cheaper... Oh well, but I definitely think that these are must-buy products especially when ON-SALE!  




No comments:

Post a Comment