Friday, August 26, 2011

ELF BRONZING POWDER IN LUMINANCE

Glowing, dewy -looking skin--- is the new trend right now. I still remember how I want my face to look matte as much as possible! Dewy looking skin is definitely a NO NO to me! Then, Korean drama series came. Oh! I was amazed on how beautiful their skin!  So I went browsing google and tried looking for a Korean-inspired makeup. Korean makeup is more on highlighting the face, enhancing the eyes and framing the face (thick eyebrows).

Okay, let’s talk more about highlighting the face. 

I was not fond of using highlighters before. But then when I saw this pic, I was greatly inspired to use highlighter.


I was looking for a good highlighter in Korean store and I’ve seen a lot! Though, I did not purchase anything as I don’t want to spend Php 600 or more for ONE highlighter. It’s not my priority in life okay? I could spend Php 600 for a lipstick or foundation or gel liner or mascara but not with highlighter! hahaha So, I went to drugstore hoping I could find one and oh boy, I really found one! FROM ELF!

It was their ELF LUMINACE. To cut it short, I purchased it right away without even testing it! 

I found a very interesting review on the product. 




Since she already said everything… I would just list my pros and cons! Waaa. sorry for being so lazy today!  (Check her blog for more detailed review)

 PROS:
-Very cheap @ Php 130 and works well for highlighting!
-Although it’s pale beige in color it is definitely COLORLESS /TRANSLUSCENT once applied on your face! (will not change the color of your foundation)
-Gives your skin a natural glow!
- Buildable! Shimmers all you want ;p
- It looks more natural than using white shimmery eyeshadow.
-Perfect when use with small brushes like eye shading brush from Ecotools as seen below (photo from google)

CONS
- The packaging is very cheap and not durable at all!! So, what I did is, I intentionally broke it into  a powder  form then transferred it to my elf mineral foundation case.

Here's the effect on me. Hope you could see it.


I use LUVIEW EYESHADOW PALETTE in Golden Beige and Deep Brown! Seriously, this two colors are perfect combo!



  Funny, i was trying to look like Korean on this, but ~fail!~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment