Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mary Kay Concealer

I’m excited to do review on this product for two reasons:

1. Finally, a non-korean product to review
2. It works for me and for my sister!

I told you before that I got this as one of the items on my July haul because it was recommended by my sister (she’s on her 2nd tube now). I know that some beauty bloggers, reader and makeup artist are always in a hunt for a good concealer and I would say that this one is worth a try. Continue reading to know why.


Box description:
For all skin-type. Dermatologist tested. Waterproof. Non comedogenic. Fragnace-free. Suitable for sensitive skin including skin around delicate eye area.
Long lasting. Lightweight. Creamy formula.

Net wt. 8.5 grams
Shade: Beige 2

 The packaging comes in a black tube like this. Yes, it is simple yet professional looking. Although, tube-type  is not the perfect choice of packaging for ME since I prefer a concealer with sponge tip applicator like the one in my Maybelline Mineral Concealer because it’s more convenient. But I’m sure if you’re a makeup artist, you would rather choose a packaging like this because tube type is more hygienic to use. 

Tip: It is quite thick in consistency so never use it directly in your undereyes. Use mixing plate in applying this. But since I don’t have one, I first put it on the back on my hands then blend it with my fingers or brush. 

Waterproof. Definitely! I tried the running water test and it is true! Perfect if you’re sweating a lot

Fragrance-free. It has a little scent from the tube (maybe, because of some ingredients) but has no scent when applied.

Suitable for sensitive skin including skin around delicate eye area. Yes, I agree! I use this as my undereye concealer

Long lasting. AMAZINGLY TRUE! It is long lasting even when use alone but I prefer setting it with a foundation/powder. (Use blending brush in setting your concealer to avoid it from caking).

It looks weird sometimes especially if I don’t retouch my face powder since all my other makeup were gone at the end of the day and this one is the only one left. Can you imagine how it looks like? That’s why I make sure to apply it very thinly in the morning so I don’t end up looking weird and uneven. 

Lighweight. Maybe not since the consistency is quite thick… but it’s definitely not heavy also. I would say it’s in between lightweight and heavy weight concealer.

It does not cake when use on my eyes. The coverage is good! Beige has this yellow undertone to it, perfect for covering flaws such as scars, black undereyes circles and blemishes.

Here’s some test using red and black ink. 

 See how well the coverage of the concealer.

And here’s a picture of my sister using the concealer on her scar.
 This is one of my sister’s best makeup buddies! She uses this to cover her scar from her surgery.

Pretty Amazing, huh?

Price: Php 395

Where to buy: Mary Kay resellers and online stores. 

Overall, I highly recommend this. 

Take note, I am not a reseller of Mary Kay and I purchased this using my own money.

So, if you’re still on your journey hunting for a good concealer you might want to try this one. If you already tried this one, feel free to comment down and let me know what you think about it.








No comments:

Post a Comment