Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sleek Makeup Storm i-Divine Palette


I never thought that I will get a chance to try Sleek Makeup Palette! (Thanks again, Ate Myla! I just can’t thank you enough talaga e!) In my Dollface palette post HERE, I told you that I’m not an eyeshadow person and I don’t think I’ll be needing more eyeshadows palettes for myself. So, purchasing Sleek Makeup Palette was totally out of my mind. Oh boy, I’m so glad I was able to try this palette for free!
Anyway, as mentioned, this was sent by Ate Myla for product review. Even though I got this palette for FREE, this won’t affect my opinion/ review on the product. So rest assured, everything is based on my own honest opinion and experience.

When I first saw the colors, I immediately compared all the colors from my Dollface Palette (Avant Garde) and I’m so glad that none of the colors are the same.


The Storm i-Divine palette comprises of 12 strong and rich shades perfect for accentuating the eyes and creating natural looks.

The velvet-touch consistency gives full and shimmering coverage to the eye lid for maximum effect. Each shade can be applied alone for a dramatic effect or mixed to create a personalised look.

Best applied with the applicator enclosed.

Storm Palette is, for me, one of the best palettes from Sleek. This palette has nice neutral shades containing variety of colors from brown, black, pearl, gold, blue and green. According to some bloggers, this is quite comparable to Urban Decay Naked 2 (how cool is that!). Unfortunately, I cannot do a comparison review as I don’t have budget to purchase UD Naked 2.
Anyways, the packaging is really “sleek” as claimed by the brand’s name. It is quite heavy for its size; black is a good choice as it never fails to look classy and sleek! It has a nice size of mirror inside and the quality of the applicator is quite good enough (but I don’t use it at all. I prefer using my brushes). My only dilemma is that the packaging can accumulate dirt so easily.

I like this palette because I’ve seen this used by a lot of youtube gurus like pixiwoo, pixi2woo and themakeupchair (to mention some!). Therefore, if you’re new to doing your eye makeup, I highly recommend this since there are lots of tutorials available for you (check youtube!).

As mentioned earlier, this palette contains 12 eyeshadows. Three of these are matte and the rest are shimmery shadows.  

This palette is generally divided into two: 
Upper Part or the Top Row 
These are the "perfect shades" for Day Makeup.
Lower Part or Bottom Row 
These are perfect for crease to deepen our eyes and for girls who like smokey eyes  for night parties

I like the palette because all shades are wearable. Since they don’t have names, I’ll just number them from 1-12.
 3, 11 and 12 are matte shades! These are definitely a must-have in every palette! I saw Pixiwoo used 3 and 11 as eyebrow powders and it looked really great and natural on her. The black is very intense -- tiniest amount is enough to cover the whole lid.

1, 2, 4, 5 are the shades that I can definitely wear for simple occasions that require Day-time look. 6 and 7 are nice shades to mix with 1, 2, 4 and 5. In fact, I’m planning to use 2, 4 and 7 for my graduation. Supposedly, I’ll have someone do my makeup but since it’s too early and my sister told me that simple makeup for graduation is just ok, I finally decided that I’ll just do it on my own makeup.

8,9, 10 are so gorgeous shades!! 8 is similar to gun metal of Urban decay Naked palette(according to swatches from other bloggers), 9 is one of the most unique green I’ve seen. I love it! 10 is a deep blue shade. I’m excited to try these shades!

The eyeshadows are highly pigmented (look how vibrant it is!) especially the darker colors. It is soft but not powdery, and easy to blend. The shimmers are fine, not chunky glitters.

The staying power of this is pretty decent (with or without eye primer). The shadows lasted me until the end of the day .
I tried using it with Nyx Jumbo pencil as base; I noticed that after few hours, the eyeshadow creases in the inner corner of my eyes. It’s the only problem that I discovered so far. Nevertheless, a good eye primer (urban decay)can prevent creasing of the eyeshadows. (Note: I tried Elf primer,  and still, it creases).

Overall, I highly recommend this palette if you're looking for a palette with nice neutral shade! It's a bit pricier but definitely worth every cent. This palette is also perfect for girls who like travelling since you can create different looks from Day to Night and anywhere in between! 
JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS PALETTE CREASES ON THE INNER CORNER OF MY EYES.

PROS

-packaging is sleek and sturdy

-great color selection

-has a big mirror

-highly pigmented eyeshadows

-great for Day and Night look

-staying power is decent
-has a decent amount of products

CONS
-Pricey
-can crease without eye primer
-I wish the eyeshadows are refillable, so I can repurchase refills for my favourite shades in this palette. Hahaha! 

WHERE TO BUY:
You can purchase it at any online sellers like Fabshopaholic.

It is currently on sale (until May 9, 2012) for Php 575. Original price: Php 650


SWATCHES


I did a day makeup look using this palette. I will try to do a night look next time! :)






I mix 2 and 4 for my lid and 7 for my crease. That's basically it!

Have you tried this palette?
Share! Would definitely love to hear from you!
I'm not a PRO in eye makeup. I appreciate constructive criticism. 
Appreciate, do not hate.
Until then, my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment