Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Etude House in Chic Beige vs Sleek Lipstick in Barely There


This has been a highly raved lip product from Etude House ever since it was released last December. I’m not a huge Etude House fanatic but I absolutely love their eyebrow pencils. With high hope, I purchased this lipstick.
Before proceeding to the review, let me first tell you little things about this product.

This lipstick belongs to their Wannabe Collection (Winter 2012 Limited Edition) – yes, you read it right. It’s a limited edition. I’m not sure yet if it’s still available but I will check it out to update you girls.

It is available in 3 shades: So Trendy Red, So Hot Pink and So Chic Beige

The cute packaging was illustrated by Annika Wester.

This lipstick costs Php 478 for 3.5g of product. Not cheap, not expensive either.

This is not Etude House's typical packaging for lipsticks! Normally, etude house lipsticks are in fancy, flowery, girl-y packaging.  This on the other hand is sleek (with black simple packaging) yet still girl-y (the illustration is just so cute!).

The bottom of the lipstick says the shade is in number 3. I just wish the name “Chic Beige” was written in English. Anyway, at least the English name was still written at the box of this lipstick which I still keep because it is just too adorable to be thrown away.

I had this lipstick for quite a while now and I use it EVERY SINGLE day ever since I got it. It smells like candies, oh how I wish it taste like candies too!

Chic Beige is a peachy-pink lipstick that looks amazing for everyday look. (Swatches will be provided below)

This lipstick is very creamy and glides smoothly on my lips. I love the fact that it doesn’t melt on the tube inspite of the HOT weather here in Philippines.

The color payoff is so great and buildable! I would normally just use two swipes on my lips (saves me a lot of products) and I’m good to go!

It’s very moisturizing on my lips (lipbalm is optional) but sometimes, it tends to sit on the lines on my lips.

The staying power is just average. The sheen will be gone for 1-2 hours but the color will stays for 2-3 hours on my lips.

Overall, for the price it’s a steal! I would definitely repurchase it again if it's still available!

If it's no longer available, you might want to consider buying lipsticks from their latest collection (kiss note) or read the rest of this post for the next lipstick which looks somehow the same with Chic Beige but not exactly.

Sleek True Color lipstick in Barely There
I believe that both Etude House Lipstick in Chic Beige and Sleek in Barely there packaging are made of the same plastic materials. Both are not bulky, durable and light enough

However, Sleek looks simpler than Etude House. The size of Sleek lipstick is smaller, approximately 3/4 of Etude House packaging but both contain 3.5 grams of product.
Sleek has an oval packaging instead of the typical round packaging which I think is rather a con for me. Round packaging is an ideal shape for a lipstick because you can close the cap effortlessly since the cap doesn’t necessarily has to be in the right position (equal radius).

Sleek Lipstick in Barely There is a peachy-pink lipstick that is scentless. Compared to Etude House, this has more peach than pink while Etude House has more pinky tone to it. However, on my lips they look somewhat the same but not exactly the same.
Left: Sleek, right: Etude House
Formula-wise, both are creamy and glide smoothly on my lips. However, Etude House is quite thicker and richer than Sleek.

Both lipsticks are moisturizing on my lips. And just like Etude House, Sleek tends to sit on the lines on my lips (and is more obvious than Etude House Chic Beige).

Overall, I think that both lipsticks are almost the same in many ways but I like Etude House Chic Beige more than Sleek Lipsticks in Barely There. To be honest, I rarely bring with me my Sleek Barely There as I am already satisfied with the performance of Chic Beige. 

In general, I recommend you to buy any of these shades. However, I don’t recommend buying Sleek Barely There if you already have Chic Beige (unless ofcourse, it’s no longer on stock).

Where to purchased:
Etude House Chic Beige - Etude House Boutiques
Sleek Lipstick Barely There - I got mine at Bazaar but you can purchase it at any online stores like Fabshopaholic 

Price:
Etude House Chic Beige - Php 478
Sleek Lipstick in Barely There - Php 420

*Note: These lipsticks were purchased using my own money

LIP SWATCHES!
Forgive my ugly lips. No lip balm underneath.


Top: Etude House, Bottom: Sleek
Notice how similar these were on my lips. However, you can still see the slight difference of the colors. Sleek appears more peachy while Etude House looks more pink-y

Of course, here are some my vain shots using these two lipsticks. 
Oh yea! Eyebags!



Top: Etude House, Bottom: Sleek

Have you tried these lipsticks?
Don't hesitate to share your reviews on the comment box!

Until then,
Appreciate, do not hate!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment