Sunday, April 15, 2012

Krave Minerale Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator


Ever since I posted my Mini-makeup area here, I’ve been receiving questions about Krave Minerals Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator.  
OIL ELIMINATOR and SKIN HYDRATOR with Pearl powder (mineral primer & finishing powder)
100% VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE
HYPOALLERGENIC
NON- COMEDOGENIC (won’t clog pores)
NON-ACNEGENIC (won’t cause acne break outs)
NANO PARTICLE FREE

We highly recommend Krave Minerale’s OIL ELIMINATOR and SKIN HYDRATOR not just for oily gals but for all make up users out there.

OIL ELIMINATOR and SKIN HYDRATOR is translucent so it won’t interfere with other mineral makeup colors you are wearing. Plus, it is specifically formulated to virtually erase the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles & large pores when applied.

SKIN BENEFICIAL KEY INGREDIENTS:
Our formula includes 2 of the healthiest ingredients:
1. PEARL POWDER that aids in healing, skin brightening, anti-wrinkling, and sun protection. It also exfoliates the skin and promotes new cell regeneration.
2. SODIUM HYALURONATE the world’s powerful skin hydrator which brings balance to your complexion & keeps your make up application fresh all day long.


APPLICATION:
Apply it before (as a make up primer) and after (as a finishing powder/veil) to control oil breakthrough all through out the day and for a long-wearing make up effect.

Ingredients: Silica,Pearl Powder, Aqua (Water), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid)

PRICE:
15 gram jar P285

For online shopping, packaging is really important! Packaging becomes the customer’s first impression since the buyers cannot test the products yet; they simply judge the products on what they see. When I saw this product from the site, I honestly neglected it. Until one day I woke up and everyone was raving about it! Being a beauty blogger, I want to know what’s the rave all about?

And so I ordered to Katrina, the sexy and pretty owner of Krave Minerals, one Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator. Then she texted me that she can send one Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator for me for free! Isn’t she the nicest?

Packaging:

It comes in a simple yellow container with an applicator. The thing I hate about the packaging is that it is such a pain in the arse to open. If you already had this powder, I’m quite sure you will agree with me. But again... everyone started from nothing , right? I still remember some mineral makeup I used before; they all started in this cheap-kind of packaging.  

This powder reminds me a lot of my Ellana High Definition Powder Primer which I had long long time ago. 

Ellana HD Definition powder primer and Krave Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator powders are finely milled.

I even remember the days when I hold my breath while applying Ellana HD powder primer because it sure does make me cough/sneeze whenever I inhaled some products in the air. However, I never had that experience with Krave Oil Eliminator … simple reason why I prefer Krave more than Ellana. (I was thinking of repurchasing Ellana for the sake of comparing them but I’m not yet sure).

I like that Krave does not contains nano particles which are somehow bad for health when inhaled. To those who don’t know what nano particles are, these are extremely small micronized particles ( about 1 x 10^-9 or 1 billionth of a meter). Some companies used nano particles in makeup according to this article  to produces a lustrous, smooth and glow-like finish to the skin and enhances the feel and appearance of the product itself however, pose a serious health risk when inhaled or absorbed into the body. When inhaled, nanoparticles can become imbedded into the walls of the lungs, making it impossible for the body to remove these foreign particles. Loose mineral make-up that includes nanoparticle form ingredients, therefore, can be a health risk, especially to those who suffer from bronchial conditions.

Krave Minerale Oil Eliminator and Skin hydrator comes in a white-translucent powder. It feels soft, smooth and flawless on skin.

What’s great about it is you can use it as primer and as finishing veil. In my case, I use it as finishing veil.

If you’re currently using a powder foundation, this can be a great primer and perfect for touch-ups.

If you’re into using liquid foundation, you may use this powder to set your foundation.

According to some bloggers, this product is amazing in oil control and making your makeup lasts longer. However, in my case, this product does not really make my makeup lasts the whole day during this time of the year.  The weather in the Philippines is just so freaking hot and everything I put in my face melt so easily. Do you remember my favorite “superb” Nyx HD primer which amazingly makes my makeup seriously stay the WHOOOOLLLLEEE Day (I did a review on December)? Guess what! It has no match for summer! Unless, you stay in air-conditioned room, this powder will melt easily on you. 

For me during summer, this product will best work as an Oil Eliminator (just like what the product name says!).  This is a perfect powder for touch-ups. I found out that during the middle of the day, when my foundation is already fading away and my skin is like an oil ready for frying eggs, this powder works wonderfully. It is very light on skin (unlike foundation) and instantly removes shine on my face. Although, it is white in color, this powder does not leave white-cast on my face unlike ordinary powders.
It is much easier to blend compared to ordinary powders.
 Another cool thing about this product is that it makes my face look matte (removes shine) but not totally flat. It has a slight sheen to it making your face look brighter.

Overall, I highly recommend it to all makeup users. It does a great job in preparing your skin for makeup application by making your skin soft and smooth and also a great powder to sets your makeup.

This product would be much more amazing if it will be in a nicer packaging with a mirror for touch-ups. If Krave could recreate this product in a compact powder (just like Mally’s beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender), this would definitely be an HG material for everybody.

PROS
-   -Brightens up your skin
-  -As a primer, it makes your skin smooth and soft making your skin a perfect canvass for makeup
-  -Great setting powder as it’s colorless / translucent so it won’t interfere on the shade of foundation you’re wearing
-   -Very light on skin
-   -Not cakey
-   -Instantly removes any shine of your face
-   -100% VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE
-   -HYPOALLERGENIC
-   -NON- COMEDOGENIC (won’t clog pores)
-   -NON-ACNEGENIC (won’t cause acne break outs)
-   -NANO PARTICLE FREE (
-   -2-in-1 product: primer and finishing veil
-   - great for touch-ups 

CONS
-  -Loose powder isn’t as convenient as compact powders
-  -No mirror
-  -Packaging is hard to open Krave already changed the packaging! 
-           


No comments:

Post a Comment