Wednesday, December 22, 2010

BODY SHOP CLEANSER VS POND'S COLD CREAM

Originally, my plan was to make a review on Body Shop Natrulift Cleanser. When I was looking for my cotton pad, I accidentally saw my Pond’s Cold Cream. I remember how I used to love it. It’s so affordable and works in removing make-up. But, this past few days I was really not into using it. Why? Because I fell inlove with my Body Shop Natrulift Cleanser.

To show you the reason why, I decided to do a “Sophie Magic Pink Cream Test.” For your info, Sophie magic pink cream is the longest lasting make-up I had. It stays amazingly the whole day. So, I decided to test which cleanser can remove my pink cream.

I put the same amount of sophie magic pink cream at the back of my hands and let it dry for few minutes.

 
First to test, POND’S COLD CREAM!
Get ready Pond’s Cold Cream.
I put quite good amount of product at the back of my hands. You can see that it has a thick consistency.
 Wipe it off and tada…
 
Almost all the magic cream’s gone now! Though you can still see some “pinkness,” but it’s quite acceptable. What I hate about this product (during the test) is the greasiness after the product has been wiped off. Look, it’s shiny! It does feel oily on skin but will be gone after washing your face with  your cleanser/facial wash.

Oh I’m excited to do the 2nd test using BODY SHOP NATRULIFT CLEANSER
I did the same with 1st test. Put generous amount of the product at the back of my hands. If you notice, the consistency of this is more liquidy compared to Pond’s Cold Cream. 
 Spreads it.
And wiped off.
 
  And TADA!
100% gone! Amazing right? Plus, no shine! I’m inlove with this product! (except for the price!) And it’s amazing! It’s my favorite product in their Natrulift Skincare Range.
So, the winner in “SOPHIE MAGIC PINK CREAM TEST” is BODY SHOP NATRULIFT… 
  Left: Pond's Cold Cream (shines and still has sophie magic pink cream)
Right: Body Shop Natrulift Cleanser

Oh well, but I still love POND’S COLD CREAM… because it’s affordable! If you’re not actually using lots of make-up or long lasting make-up, I would recommend this as it’s still good in removing make-up. I still remember how good this is in removing my Maybelline Waterproof Mascara.

PROS AND CONS

POND’S COLD CREAM

PROS
>Very affordable, Approximately Php100. (I forgot na!;p)
> 1 jar lasts me a long time!
> Wash off with water and it will leave your skin amazingly clean, smooth and soft.
>AFFORDABLE.. AGAIN! ;P

CONS
>The smell! I hate the strong scent.
>The moment you applied it on your face, it feels oily, heavy and waxy. You have to get used to it. Haha. But wash it off with water and the shines and all will disappear.

Some people might find products in tube… uhm… unhygienic. If you’re quite sensitive, use spatula or cotton buds. Or just make sure you have clean hands. And never double dip your hands. Get as much as you want and put it on your face. It’s okay if you put too many products. I don’t mind wasting as they are affordable rather than dipping my hands again. LOL!

BODY SHOP NATRULIFT CLEANSER

PROS
>Unlike pond’s cold cream, it comes in a pump. I don’t like wasting product on this one lol! Discrimination! Who cares? It’s more expensive. Hahaha!
>Love the scent. It’s mild! (Basta, it’s hard to describe! ;p)
>Makes my skin soft and smooth and super clean
>Anti-aging!

CONS
>Expensive, Php 1025.
>WARNING: The 1st time I apply this product, I was really panicking. It hurts like hell. It feels like it’s burning my skin hahaha! But, you’ll get use to it… I hope so ;p


No comments:

Post a Comment