Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Body Shop Natrulift Softening Facial Wash

Since its summer break, I have all the time in the world to blog! Yey!

After few days of using this, I think I’m now ready to give my review on The Body Shop Natrulift Facial Wash. 


 This facial wash comes in their Natrulift skincare line, which uses pomegranate extract as a natural alternative to retinol--in essence, it reduces the signs of skin aging in the most natural way possible. I’ll be reviewing other products in this line when I’m ready.
At first, I hesitate on using the products in their skincare line because I’m still young to have fine lines though, admittedly, I do have wrinkles now. After consulting some people regarding using Anti-aging products at my young age, I decided to give it a try.
This facial wash comes in 100ml tube which is good enough for the price. Most facial wash nowadays come in 100g products. I don’t really like products that use grams instead of ml because you don’t really know how much products are inside the tube.  (except for water, as 1grams=1 ml, because density is 1).
One thing I notice about this range is that they all have the same scent. I’m pretty lame in describing scents so yes, I can’t explain how it smells but I really do like the smell. Compared to other products this one smells light which I like. I can’t say it smells like pomegranate since I haven’t even seen pomegranate since birth lol!

Body shop says,
“Minimize the signs of aging and create a velvety-looking complexion with a softly-cleansing and refreshing facial wash.”

Key ingredients
Brazil nut oil -Moisturizes and helps to leave skin feeling soft.
Glycerin -Is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.

I would say that this is an effective facial wash. It cleanses just like other facial washes in the market.  Though, what I like  most about this product is how it made my skin feels softer after washing. Most facial wash leaves a tight feeling in my face but this one, it doesn’t. It feels great that I can’t help myself but to touch my skin and feels how incredibly softer it was after washing. 
For “minimize the signs of aging” effect, I can’t still tell you  how effective this product is as I don’t have fine lines to see the result. But, i notice that it doesn't help minimize the appearance of my wrinkles.

Overall, I wouldn’t think this is an A+++ product but yes, it’s a good buy especially if don’t mind spending money for skincare… but I do… so yes, I would still think if I would repurchase this one. It’s quite expensive for my taste. Though, when this runout, maybe I would look for a good substitute for this. Since I started using Anti-aging products, I decided to continue using anti-aging products to “prevent” wrinkles and fine lines. I’m eyeing Olay products.

PROS:
>Cleanses
>Smells good
>Leaves skin amazingly softer than before

CONS
>Expensive
>Does not minimize the appearance of my wrinkles "SO FAR".. let's see after emptying this tube ;p

PRICE: Php 995.00 at The Body Shop
Rate: 4/5
Would I repurchase: It’s a good product but yes, I’m cheap so maybe not. Maybe, I’ll just look for an alternative. 

At the back, peel off the label to see the ingredients


No comments:

Post a Comment