Friday, November 19, 2010

A LONG POST!

Long time no post! I’m sorry ladies, I’ve been busy this past few days. But no worries because I’ll be posting reviews tonight since I don’t have class for tomorrow. Cheers!

So I decided to make reviews on the skin care and makeup that I’m using these past few days. Be ready, this will be a long post. I’ll be hitting lots of birds tonight.

On skin care routine (Morning):
Every morning, I’m doing the Yakult Liquid Mask routine. Here’s the link on my previous review on this.

On makeup routine:

OLAY COMPLETE MOISTURIZER



 On my lazy days, I don’t really apply moisturizers. I rely on my BB Cream most of the time. It’s an ALL-IN-ONE product anyway. But the truth is it could not substitute any moisturizers. That’s the time I decided to include moisturizer on my skin care routine.

I do the most important thing I can do every morning on my face and that’s putting moisturizers on. (And don’t forget to apply sun screen okay? I never skipped BB Cream because it has this SPF to protect my face from the Sun). But there’s lot of moisturizers available in the market and most of them promise to moisturize, nourish and protect your skin. So I decided to start my search by starting it right. My mother and sisters have been loyal to Olay ever since. From soaps to facial wash to creams. So, it wasn’t difficult for me to pick Olay as my moisturizers and besides, it’s OLAY!

Olay says,
“Olay Complete Moisturize, nourish, protect in one simple step. Complete All Day UV Moisture Lotion All day hydration for healthy, glowing, protected skin. For Sensitive Skin. Olay Complete All Day UV Moisture Lotion SPF 15 is dermatologist tested and recommended. This light, non-greasy formula with antioxidants vitamin E plus C is non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores), 100% oil free and 100% PABA free. Complete All Day UV Moisturizer gives your skin a complete balance of moisturizing ingredients for healthy skin. UVA/UVB Protection – Broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection contains SPF 15 to help prevent premature skin damage. Vitamins – This formula, with antioxidants vitamin E plus C, helps to promote and maintain healthy looking skin. Moisture – Olay moisture for all day hydration.”

Where can I start? I love this moisturizer! I love that it does what it supposed to do and much more! With this on my face, I don’t have to worry because it doesn’t only moisturize my skin but also protects it from harmful rays of the Sun. I think it’s a perfect combo! I like that it has vitamins to maintain healthy looking skin! Beat that!

PROS:
Moisturizes skin
Has UV Skin Shield SPF 15
Formula with Antiozidant vitamins C & E to promote and maintain a healthy-looking skin surface.
Light on skin
Dermatologically Tested
Non-Comedogenic (won't clog pores)
100% Oil-free
100 PABA Free

Rate: 4.5/5

SKIN 79 BB CREAM
Click here for my previous review

MAYBELLINE CONCEALER, EVER BILENA STUDIO FINISH STICK FOUNDATION, ELF TONE CORRECTING CONCEALER AND AVON SIMPLY PRETTY DUAL FOUNDATION

Click here for my reviews on these products.

I really like Ever Bilena Studio Finish Stick Foundation to conceal my undereye circles. It blends very well. I like this with Elf Tone Correcting concealer and sets it with Avon Simply Pretty dual foundation (I use Elf professional blending brush). I tried using Maybelline Clearsmooth Mineral Powder Foundation to sets this but I don’t like it because it tends to be cakey on my circles.

Sometimes, I do reach my Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer to do my concealing on my under eye circles. It works also for me.

When concealing blemishes/ acne marks, I reached for my Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer most of the time. I swear, it conceals your blemishes amazingly. The secret is to apply it on the blemishes and continuously tap it to blend it very well.

(Pictures to follow)

MAYBELLINE CLEARSMOOTH MINERAL MAKEUP


I don’t really like light foundation simply because I don’t use concealers on blemishes. I rely more on the foundation for coverage. That’s the reason why I was looking for Full coverage foundation before. But, just recently I decided to give my skin a break. Full coverage means heavy on skin. I realized that it is not healthy on my skin to use full coverage foundation EVERYDAY! Damn! I was too harsh on my skin. But it’s not yet too late. So here I am, turning my back on full coverage foundation (maybe, for SPECIAL occasions only). It’s time to start light!

I have this in Buff. (The SA told me to get the darker shade! Good thing I insist to get the Buff instead). I use this with Bare Naturals Softest Flat top or with Ellana Baby Buki Brush. I used to love loose powder. Until I realize how convenient compact foundations are. But now, I’m going back in using loose powders because most of mineral makeups are loose powders. I tried Ellana, Elf, Blusche, Loreal’s Bare Naturale and Pureglow before.I like Ellana because it’s light on skin and Hazelnutte Latte fits my skins perfectly. Pureglow gives me full coverage and instantly brightens face. But I don’t like the hassle of ordering online. I prefer foundations that can be bought on malls or drugstores. On Elf Mineral Foundation, it gives me the coverage that I want but I think this one is quite expensive. This foundation costs around Php 400 and doesn’t last me a month. Blusche has the cutest packing. But, it breaks me out! Loreal’s Bare Naturale has a good coverage too but skin gets bad after continuous use! LOL! Now that I’m going back on loose powders (minerals), I wished for more luck. I’ve been using Maybelline Clearsmooth Mineral Foundation for 2 days now. I think the coverage is light to medium. So, I really need concealer to conceal my blemishes. Good thing I bought Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer! Works well on blemishes.

I like Maybelline Clearsmooth Mineral Foundation because it instantly brightens up my face. I like that I can use this to retouch. It doesn’t cake unlike most foundations.

On my cons, I don’t like the staying power of this foundation. It doesn’t last long. It stays for 3 hours on me. LOL . I also hate the kabuki brush that comes with it. It reminds me of Elf Total Face Brush from their regular line. I wish Maybelline could sell a foundation without this brush simply because I don’t like purchasing anything with something that’s worthless! I know you might say, “It’s free anyway!” NO! It’s not! I paid for the brush automatically when I purchased the foundation.  Not free! Without brush, this could have been much cheaper. LOL! I’m so cheap, I know! Haha! Whatever!

Overall, I think I would repurchase this again. Let’s see.


PROS
> A little goes a long way
>Cheap compared to other mineral makeup
>Light on skin
>Instantly brightens my face
>Doesn’t break me out
>Has ingredients to improve skin radiance and skin tone and smoothens skins (let’s see the effect after I hit the pan. I’ll revisit this!)

CONS
>Useless kabuki brush
>Staying power is not good
>It’s loose powder (yes, it’s messy! You have to apply this before putting your blouse on. Be more careful when use this to retouch.)

Rate: 4.9/5
Price: Php 599.00 at Watsons

 

ELIANTO STAYON EYELINER PENCIL




I’ve tried Avon Glimmerstick before but I don’t like it because it gives me a panda look! Damn it!

So, I decided to try other pencil liners. And I ended up buying this one. It was Php 299 I think (correct me if I’m wrong!). I’ve been using this eyeliner for almost a month now. Seriously, this one works very well! I use this on my waterline. This doesn’t stays forever but it doesn’t bother me since I don’t mind retouching my eyeliner every now and then. The amazing part about this eyeliner is though it wears off on me, it doesn’t give me panda eyes! Yey!

I like that it comes with a sharpener. Yes, it has a sharpener at the top (just discovered recently! LOL!). I wish there’s a sticker in it saying “Hey, I have a sharpener here!!”

 PROS:
>The staying power is decent for eyeliners. This stays longer on my waterline compared to other liners
>Pigmented
>Glides smoothly but doesn’t smudge

CONS
NONE!

Rate: 5/5
Price: Php 299 at Elianto

AVON SIMPLY PRETTY LONG LASH WATERPROOF MASCARA

 At first, I wasn’t really expecting much from this product. I’ve been using my Maybelline Volume Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes Mascara. I love the Maybelline because it doesn’t dry fast unlike most of mascara. The only problem is it tends to clumps. So, when I tried Avon I expect that this will clump like Maybelline. But amazingly, it does a very good job on my lashes. Doesn’t clumps on me. Right now, I’m using the Avon Simply Pretty. I think it works better on me than Maybelline Volume Express. The only thing I hate with Avon Simply Pretty Mascara is it dries fast.

I think Avon Simply Pretty keeps surprising me these days. First the dual foundation, now the long lash mascara. See, not because it’s expensive means it works better! Some cheap products work as good as expensive products too or maybe even better (maybe that’s just me! But seriously, I like Ever Bilena Studio Finish Foundation more as concealer than my Clinique All About Eyes concealer). Elf products and Maybelline are just some of drugstore brands that work very well. And now, I’m thinking of including Avon Simply Pretty in the list. BTW, I like Avon (regular) too. I love their lipstick. 

PROS
>CHEAP!
>Doesn’t clump
>Waterproof
>Stays the whole day!

CONS
>Dries fast



ELF EYELASH CURLER

The best curler I had since I don’t have lots! Lol!

Elf says,
This innovative eyelash curler has a special curved design which angles to suit all eye shapes. Its silicone rubber pad applies the appropriate amount of pressure to curl lashes naturally and allows for damage-free heating. Get long-lasting curled lashes both easily and safely.

---Everything is true! Can’t say anything bad about this because it’s oohhh so good! I can’t say it’s comparable to high end curlers since I haven’t used one. And besides, it’s high ends, I don’t care if it works better since it supposed to really work much better because you paid more!

All I can say with this is, good job! I get more more more than what I’ve paid for. Thank you Elf! 

No comments:

Post a Comment