Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NYX ROUND LIPSTICK

NYX ROUND LIPSTICK 

I bought my nyx lipsticks out of curiosity. Who wouldn’t be? I’ve seen it a lot of times in different tutorials. Almost everyone in GirlTalk was raving about it. They’re cheap, pigmented and non-drying!

To cut the story short, I ordered 2 nyx roundlipstick in Thalia and Tea Rose. So here’s my review.

Thalia and Tea Rose. Tea Rose looks pinker in person. (Poor lighting sorry, this was taken at night)

Tea Rose.

One of the most popular shades in nyx roundlipstick. It’s a beautiful pink color that can brighten up your face. I really like this because I can wear this anywhere without looking too much. During my lazy days, I only apply powder, do my brows and apply this lipstick and I’m ready to go… honestly, it completes my everyday makeup.






Thalia.
Thalia is a beautiful MLBB (My Lips But Better) Shade. It pink lipstick with purple undertone. The first time I tried this, I was like, “Ohhh my! It sucks!” Oh yes, it sucks.  It does not look great on me! Have you tried lips that wash you out? That’s exactly how I felt. BUT, when I tried it the other day with pink lipgloss on, it looks perfect! Until I notice I was really reaching for this day by day. I get used to it. Now, I can use it even without pink gloss on top of it. I just make sure that I do my eyebrows neatly and apply eye makeup (eyeliner, gel liner, mascara).






Overall, I love my first buy! For the price, I would definitely get more. :)



PROS
>Cheap!
>Some shades are not available locally
>Price varies
>Pigmented
>Matte finish but non-drying
>It looks prettier in person
>Available in many shades (144 shade at cherryculture.com)

CONS
>Not long lasting
>Taste like soap
>The packaging is cheap; you’ll really get what you paid for


My Tea Rose :,(
PRICE: Varies. 
Php 299 at Glorietta, Php 200 at Somera, Php 160 + shipping fee at carefreeshopper

Rate: 4/5
Would I recommend this? Yes. But take note, this is not long lasting. you have to re-apply it every 2-3 hours or after meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment