Saturday, November 13, 2010

MAYBELLINE MINERAL POWER CONCEALER AND ELF TONE CORRECTING CONCEALER

ELF TONE CORRECTING CONCEALER

I don’t know why I bought this. It has a rating of 2.9/5 on Makeupalley. They say it doesn’t last long and does not cover dark undereye circles. Oh well, I think it doesn’t hurt to try because elf products are cheap. 
Elf says,
"Cover up unwanted blemishes, circles and spot. Multi-tonal silicon treatment masks skin tone imperfections and redness, leaving skin with healthy glowing skin"


Cover up unwanted blemishes, circles and spotàLIE! This does not cover up imperfections. I don’t think this is a concealer since it doesn’t conceal anything. BUT, I must say it does a good job as tone correcting. I like applying this on my undereye circles since it has this orangey color. Again, does not COVER imperfections but works well as TONE CORRECTING.

Multi-tonal silicon treatment masks skin tone imperfections and redness, leaving skin with healthy glowing skinàTRUE! I notice that this one creates a layer like mask when applied on my eyes. (I don’t know if you can notice it too). I really like this because it’s very unique for a concealer. It does provide a dewy finish and does not set on my fine lines. I like the scent too. I think most people would prefer a concealer without scent, but I don’t care coz I think I like that this one has a scent.   

Rating: Overall, I don’t think I would like using this product alone in my eyes since it does not provide me much coverage. BUT, I would use it on top of any concealers I have. I don’t care if makeupalleys gives this a rating of 2.9/5. What the heck, not all concealers can do the same job that this one does.


Price: Php 130

Would I repurchase?  Yes!


MAYBELLINE MINERAL POWER CONCEALER




I bought this because of the raves. People says cream concealers are better than liquid concealers because it provides more coverage but this one does a good job in covering my dark undereye circles. It has a yellow undertone which is good for covering blemishes and circles. It’s easy to blend. The staying power is decent for a liquid concealer. But, this one is much better when sets with a powder. It brighten my eyes too. What I hate about this is it tends to be cakey and goes on my fine lines.

This works better with my elf tone correcting. I 
don’t like using this alone too.

Rate: 3.5/5

Would I repurchase? Maybe yes, may be no. I think Ever Bilena Stick Foundation is much better than this one. Maybelline concealer works for me but for the price, I think it’s not worth it. Any concealer can do the same job.  


Price: Php 449.00


I think the products mentioned above are not good when used alone. Elf does not provide good coverage while Maybelline Mineral Concealer tends to cake and sets on fine lines. But together, they do a great job! 


No comments:

Post a Comment