Thursday, April 28, 2011

TAG: MY MAKEUP STORY

I know, I just did my first ever tag post and here i am doing it again. Sorry but at least this is makeup-related thing.  (A+ for my excuse!)

I saw this tag on Bubzbeauty’s Channel. I thought it would be fun to share with you ladies my makeup story.

Let’s start!

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I’m not really sure but I think it’s on my cousin’s wedding. I was one of the flower girls during her wedding.

2. How did you get into makeup?
At first, it was just to get rid of oily skin. I was on my 4th yr highschool when I started wearing pressed powder.  Then I went on college and started to wear blush-on, eyeliners, mascaras, concealers and lipstick but it was pretty much natural-looking. I only got interested with makeup just last year when I started learning about youtube and makeup blogging. I was greatly inspired by makeup bloggers and started creating my own beauty blog last October 2010. From there, everything else just happened. I learned the proper ways of applying makeup and doing eyebrows. But just recently, this year 2011, I tried experimenting more and started learning about eyeshadows.

3. What are some of your favorite brands?
The first brand I fell inlove with is Elf cosmetics. They’re cheap but works well for me. Other brands that I just recently discovered were: Maybelline, Ever Bilena, In2it, Nyx, Revlon and Wet n Wild.

4. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Foundation, concealer, eyebrow pencil and lip balm.

5. What does makeup mean to you?
For me as woman, appearance is very important.It is important to look presentable at all times. When you feel more beautiful, you feel more confident. It helps you boosts your self-confidence because it covers your imperfections. Makeup does not only cover imperfections but also helps women to enhance what they already have.

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
You can turn yourself into whoever you want to be. A Disney princess, rockstar, a diva, a character from your favourite anime or the likes

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs. high end makeup?
High end products are great if you’re good enough to afford it. If not, drugstore products are great alternatives. But i wouldn’t say that high ends product are always better than drugstore ones. There are good and bad in both of them.

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
I would consider myself a beginner also since I’m not really an expert. I’m not really into makeup world; I never had any makeup related jobs except for doing makeover for my friends and family.
But if I’m an expert I would probably advice to keep on practicing. I’m a strong believer of this famous line, “practice makes perfect.” Nobody starts from best.
Also, Youtube videos and reading blogs will help alot in improving your skills. But remember, what works for the others may not work for you so try practicing and experimenting other ways on applying makeup. Who knows, you might find the best trick that will works best for you.

9. What is one make up trend you've never understood?
Leopard prints on lips. Don’t get me wrong. But I don’t think it looks good. 

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
Totally awesome.
·        -No need to enrol for makeup classes in order to learn about doing makeup. Makeup classes are expensive nowadays.
·         -More options, more tricks, more techniques and more tips!
·         -Reviews and product dupes help me save alot of money
·        - They inspires me! Hope i could be as good as them in the future.
How about you, what's your makeup story? If you're interested to share yours, feel free to tag yourself. Don't forget to leave me your blog url so I could visit your makeup story tag. :)


i

No comments:

Post a Comment